Tex Mex Chicken Baked Taquitos
Tex Mex Chicken Baked Taquitos are a regular item on my meal plans when I’m making Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. Since it takes no extra time to make a double batch of the shredded chicken, I plan for Intentional Leftovers so I can make these Taquitos. They make a great lunch, snack or grab and go dinner on a night when everyone is running to different events, and they don’t TASTE like you’re having leftovers. Honestly, I don’t generally serve the same dish two nights in a row, but I love taking leftovers from one dish, and turning them into something different.
The Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken is one of my most versatile recipes. It makes delicious Chicken Taco’s on the first night, with Intentional leftovers being made into not only these Taquito’s, but also Quesadilla’s, or Quesaritto’s, Chicken Taco bowls for lunches, Chicken Taco Salads, and Tex Mex Chicken Wraps for a tasty lunch.
Are Taquitos’s freezable?
These Tex Mex Chicken Baked Taquitos freeze and reheat really well in the oven. I roll them quite thin, so that they don’t take to long to reheat. Once you have reheated them from frozen, if you happen to have leftovers, you can just pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds or so, and they are good to go. These make GREAT car food !! I know this from personal experience.
Make Taquito’s a Meal;
Now I know I said these make an excellent snack, but you can also turn them into a great lunch or dinner. My Simple Salsa Ranch dip is something I keep on hand in the fridge, so that’s easy. If I have Avocado’s that are ripe rather than rock hard or rotten, I love to make fresh Guacamole. To round out the meal, I either make Tomato Rice with Black Beans and Corn, or a Tex Mex loaded salad. That’s it. Dinner is done!
Tex Mex Chicken Baked Taquitos
- 8 oz cream cheese whipped or softened
- 3 cups Mexican shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 18 small flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, shredded chicken and grated cheese and stir until well combined.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken and cheese mixture slightly off center on each tortilla. Roll tightly and place on prepared cookie sheet seam side down. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Serve with dipping sauce.
To make the dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl combine ranch dressing, salsa and taco seasoning. Dipping sauce can be made ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipes to make with Baked Chicken Taquitos
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate Community now. To view all of my Videos subscribe to my Prepaheadables YouTube Channel
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, and definitely leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca