Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles taste like Summer….
Fresh local strawberries, whipping cream, tart Greek Yogurt and rich honey make the most spectacular treat, and it’s good for you too. Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles are luscious and light all at the same time. As far as treats go they are relatively healthy, and definitely kid friendly.
I also love the fact that there are very few ingredients and the prep is very easy. You do have to plan ahead at least 6 hours and preferably the day before to allow the yogurt to completely freeze.
Can I substitute another fruit for Strawberries?
100% yes you can! A few key things to keep in mind when making substitutions.
- Ensure that you select a fruit that is on the sweeter side. Greek yogurt can be quite tart, and you want the natural sweetness from your fruit to help balance that out.
- Use in season, ripe fruit for the best results. There aren’t many ingredients in this recipe, so it’s important that you use the best ingredients you can find.
- Select fruit that freezes well. Berries do exceptionally well frozen, as do peaches, nectarines, pineapple, and cherries (make sure to pit them first).
Pin this recipe now, before you forget!
Pro Tip for the best popsicles
- Go for the full fat in this one. Heavy Cream, also know as whipping cream or 35% cream is luscious and sweet. It adds body, richness and sweetness all at the same time. It’s one of the few ingredients where I highly recommend using organic if you can.
- Greek Yogurt should also be full fat. Low fat versions have more water in them and produce more ice as a result. The fuller fat Greek Yogurt will give you a smooth, creamy Popsicle.
Strawberry Yogurt Popsicle
- Popsicle Molds
- Popsicle Sticks
- 8-10 Fresh Strawberries
- ½ Cup Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1-3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Slice or dice strawberries and sprinkle with sugar, set aside
- Combine yogurt and honey, mix well
- Whisk heavy cream until thickened but no peaks have formed
- Smash strawberries
- Pour cream into the yogurt and fold to combine
- Add strawberries and fold to combine
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds
- Put in freezer until solidified
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge which uses my unique Pick and Choose Meal Planning system. With the printable inspiration sheet, you aren’t committed to specific recipes. Instead you get prompts that help you stay inspired to keep Meal Planning.
Pick and Choose from categories, and use our recommended recipes along with your own.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. Watch our Quick Cook Videos, get Meal Planning Tips, and fabulous recipes you’re going to love. Prefer YouTube? We have a channel!