Crispy and fresh this Sesame Cucumber Radish salad takes only 10 minutes to prepare. Excellent for a last minute side dish on a hot summer night.
We like to serve ours with BBQ’d Teriyaki Chicken or Salmon. It’s also great with cold sliced leftover chicken for lunches the next day.
Sesame Cucumber Radish Salad
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 cup red radish thinly sliced (see note)
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp white sugar up to 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Wash but don’t peel the cucumber. Trim off radish leaves peel and halve the red onion.
- Using a mandolin or a very sharp chefs knife thinly slice cucumbers, radish and red onion into a large mixing bowl. Toss well.
- Add rice wine vinegar, sugar and sesame oil to the cucumber mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Let salad sit at least 10 minutes, but longer is better.
Want more great recipes?
For more great family friendly recipes, Meal plans, LIVE stream Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate Facebook community now.
Do you find yourself asking What’s for Dinner?
We also have a YouTube channel Be sure to subscribe to get access to some amazing exclusive content.
And of course we have a Pinterest Board for lots of great Instant Pot, Meal Planning, Family Friendly, amazing recipes to keep you inspired! Follow me here: https://www.pinterest.ca/larabrooks/
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment and Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca