Baked Salmon with Greek Salsa
Salmon is such a versatile fish to work with. Excellent pan fried, BBQ’d and baked and it works with so many different flavours. Of all the preparation methods, I like baking in the oven the best. Baked Salmon with Greek Salsa is marinated and baked, then topped with a delicious fresh Greek Salsa.
- Easy clean up,
- Low maintenance
Add this dish into your weekly meal prep, as both the marinade and the salsa can be made a few days ahead and then store them on the fridge. Excellent for a weeknight meal that takes under 30 minutes for the family, but also great for company. I love dishes that are low maintenance but elegant enough to serve to company! I won’t tell, if you don’t! Pin it now so you can find it when you need it!
How do I prep Salmon Ahead?
- Prepare the marinade
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or up to 2 days
- Bake in the oven on a sheet pan
First prepare your marinade, in this case I’m using a simple flavour profile that will make it nice and moist, but won’t over power the gentle salmon flavour. It’s got classic Greek flavours, with a twist of added honey which adds a touch of sweetness that balances the olive oil and lemon. It also makes the salmon have a nice slightly glazed top once it’s baked.
I don’t recommend cooking salmon ahead of time and then re-heating, it can easily dry out and become fishy in taste.
Baked Salmon with Greek Salsa
MARINADE & DRESSING
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 2 shallots finely diced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 c. Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 c. English cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 24 oz side of salmon cut into 8 filets
- Freshly ground black pepper
Marinade and Dressing:
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, honey, garlic, oregano, and shallots. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Slice side of salmon into 8 filets. Place in a baking dish and pour half of the marinade over top of salmon, turning to coat all side.
- In a medium bowl with a lid combine tomatoes, olives, capers, cucumbers, chopped red onion, dill. and feta cheese,. Pour in remaining 1/2 of the marinade/dressing and toss to combine. Place in fridge for up to 3 days until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place rack in middle of oven.
- Bake until opaque and flaky, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Place Greek Salsa on top of roasted salmon.
Want more great recipes?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca