Pork Cabbage Skillet
Pork Cabbage Skillet, just 5 ingredients, keto friendly, meal prep friendly, budget friendly and it tastes good! What’s not to like?
Well, actually my kids think they don’t like cabbage, but in reality they do. As with many foods and recipes, it’s all in the preparation.
While this recipe seems simple and it is, the flavours are really good. Cabbage and onions are sauteed until soft and sweet, pork tenderloin thinly sliced, in a simple Tamari garlic sauce. The saying less is more applies here.
Recommended Serving Options:
Garlic Cauliflower Mash (Keto)
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole (Keto)
Easy fried rice
Plain steamed brown or white rice
Pork Cabbage Skillet
- 1 lpound pork tenderloin cut into thin medallions
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and season with garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook until the pork develops a golden crust on all sides and is almost cooked through, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the same skillet, along with the red onion and cabbage. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook until the veggies become soft and slightly glossy, around 15-20 minutes.
- Return the pork to the skillet and sprinkle with the tamari or coconut aminos. Cook until the pork is fully cooked through and the mixture develops a nice glaze, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate Community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca