Must make Muffaletta Spread
I love Olives, all kinds, I love Cajun food, all kinds, I love snacks and appetizers, and cheese, so this Muffaletta Olive Spread is perfect for me! Creamy, rich, salty, tangy, deliciousness. I call this a Lick the Spoon good recipe.
It starts off with a delicious yet easy recipe for homemade Olive Salad that I make in larger batches and keep on hand in the fridge, so it’s really comes together quickly. If you’re in a rush, you can use a store bought Muffaletta salad, I’m not judging. I will say it’s worth the extra 10 minutes to make it from scratch though….
For those following the Keto lifestyle, or looking for low carb recipes, this one is a winner! I didn’t plan it that way, and you do have to watch which deli meat/salami you choose, but it’s definitely worth adding to your recipe collection.
To that basic recipe I add just four ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Salami or Mortadella, cubed or chopped
Stir it all up and that’s it! Honest you can make Muffaletta Olive spread in less than 5 minutes if the Olive Salad is already made, and in 10 minutes if you are starting from scratch. Once the Muffaletta Olive Spread is prepared, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week, so I like to make mine ahead and let the flavours really develop.
What to make with Muffaletta Olive Spread?
This Olive Spread is bursting with flavour, and the cream cheese base makes is super versatile. Here are some of my favourite uses.
- Serve with crackers for a last minute appetizer
- Spread inside prepared celery sticks (I like to peel my celery so it’s not stringy)
- Add a bit more sour cream to make it a dip; serve hot or cold
- Muffaletta Quesadillas, Flour tortillas, olive spread, pan fried until crisp
- Muffaletta Cheesy Bread; spread on garlic bread and baked in the oven until all melty and delicious
- Friday Night Muffaletta Sliders; Slider buns, Muffaletta Olive Spread, slices of deli meat, and some provolone cheese. Baste with butter, bake. Grab some napkins and enjoy
- Baked Muffaletta Dip with Pita Crisps or crusty French Bread
Muffaletta Olive Spread
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Muffaletta Olive Salad
- 1 cup salami cut into cubes or finely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or upto 3 days
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca