Instant Pot Lazy Taco Lasagna
Instant Pot Lazy Taco Lasagna; A kid friendly super fast weeknight meal made in under 30 minutes in your Instant Pot. Taco Tuesday made easy! This is one of those meals that you can make when you’ve forgotten to Meal Prep but still need to get dinner on the table. No one will know that it’s only got 6 ingredients and you likely have them all on hand in your fridge and pantry.
- Ground Beef
- Salsa, use your favourite
- Green chiles
- Oven Ready lasagna noodles
- Shredded cheese
- Taco Seasoning
Elevate the everyday; easy substitutions & great toppings
Although this Instant Pot Lazy Taco Lasagna is great as is, sometimes I like to elevate the everyday. Here are a few suggestions that take very little effort and really add a little something special.
- Use half ground beef and half chorizo sausage
- Substitute Shredded Mexican Chicken, (also made in the the Instant Pot) for the ground beef
- Add in 2 Tbsp Chipotle in Adobo to the salsa, for some smokiness
- Make it Taco Lasagna Supreme with Lime Crema, Cilantro, and a few diced tomatoes on top
Which Instant Pot is best?
People often ask which Instant Pot I use and recommend. I have three! I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for 6-8 people everyday and I use my Instant Pot at least 3 times a week. On the weekends, when I’m making all my prepaheadables, I often have all three going at the same time. I have two 6 quart Duo’s and an 8 quart that I use for cooking up big batches of my weekly Instant Pot Soups.
Instant Pot Lazy Taco Lasagna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning or 1 pkg store bought
- 3 cups salsa
- 1 can green chiles
- 1/2 box of oven ready lasagna noodles (about 10 broken into pieces)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Mexican Blend shredded cheese divided
- Set Instant Pot to saute function.
- Add olive oil and ground beef.
- Saute until meat in browned. Turn saute function off.
- Add taco seasoning and stir.
- Then add salsa, green chiles, and lasagna pieces
- Add water.
- Cover, seal, and lock the lid to Instant Pot.
- Set to high pressure cook for 11 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, manual release steam and unlock lid.
- Add one cup of cheese and stir.
- Add the rest of the cheese to the top and cover to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot with all your favorite toppings!
More Mexican dishes for your meal plan
Want more great recipes?
For more great family friendly recipes, Meal plans, LIVE stream Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate Facebook community now.
Do you find yourself asking What’s for Dinner?
We also have a YouTube channel Be sure to subscribe to get access to some amazing exclusive content.
And of course we have a Pinterest Board for lots of great Instant Pot, Meal Planning, Family Friendly, amazing recipes to keep you inspired! Follow me here: https://www.pinterest.ca/larabrooks/
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment and Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca