Hot Chocolate Cookies; perfection on a cold winter night
Warm from the oven these Hot Chocolate Cookies are like a warm cozy blanket on a cold winter night. Easy to make and filled with kid friendly flavors this recipe is a recipe you will pull out often. These Hot Chocolate Cookies are great for a bake sale, an after school snack, hostess gifts and Christmas cookie platters. Honestly, these are just GREAT cookies overall.
- Hot Chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
These are a fast, no fuss cookie using ingredients you can easily find. I love that they are freezer friendly too, and so easy make a double batch and freeze some for later. Pin the recipe now, before you forget!
How do I freeze cookies?
I often get asked how to freeze cookies, and this recipe has a few options. Choose the one that will work best for you!
- Make the batter, freeze the dough. Defrost, scoop, shape and bake
- Shape into balls, flash freeze until solid on a cookie sheet and then store in a ziplock container. Defrost & Bake
- Bake as directed, let cool completely, place in a freezer bag. Defrost about 2 hours before serving.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup dry hot cocoa mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups mini marshmallow bits
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter
and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hot
cocoa mix, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and beat
- Stir in the marshmallow bits and mini chocolate
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out dough
and roll into a ball
- With the back of the scoop, gently flatten the dough into round discs.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes. Do Not over bake
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before enjoying with a nice cup of hot chocolate!
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 29mgSodium 125mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 3g
And if you need a few more cookies to add to your Christmas Cookie Platter, I’ve got a few more fabulous recipes I know you’ll love.
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! Our 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge introduces our Pick and Choose Meal Planning System. With this sheet and just a few minutes you can easily create your Weekly Meal Plan, avoid menu planning boredom and get inspired to try some new recipes. Get all the information on how to get started with my easy Meal Planning system and PRINTABLE for free here.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. There are also live Quick Cook Vidoes, Meal Planning Tips, Entertaining recipes and so much more! Prefer YouTube? We have a channel!