My kids are now older, in their teens, and we still like to celebrate all the holidays in style, and that includes Halloween. I mean, I’ve been collecting Halloween decorations and recipes for years.. I can’t just let them sit in the 6 Halloween Bins in my crawl space can I ??? Besides, although Trick or Treating is a thing of the past for them, we’ve moved onto Halloween Parties, and those actually require more work… more food… and more decorations, we are THAT family, we go all out!
While I must have 100 Halloween Treat recipes in my collection, many are complicated and time consuming. Besides, why spend more time than you have too? This recipe is really easily with very few ingredients, and is lots of fun to play with.
This Halloween Mummy Bark uses White Candy Melts, Oreo Cookies and Candy Eyes, and is really flexible, you can easily make this into Monster Bark, or Frankenstein Bark simply by changing the colour of the Candy Melts or the colour of the Candy eyes you choose.
More great Halloween recipes will be posted all through October on the Blog, be sure not to miss out. Join our Facebook Page; Love on a Plate where we share all our latest recipes, ask questions, learn new techniques, and watch LIVE video’s of meal preps and more. It’s lots of fun and we’d love to see you there. Don’t forget to PIN this recipe so you can try it later!
Halloween Mummy Bark
- Bag of white candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Spread a piece of parchment paper over your counter to work on.
- Melt the white candy melts in a bowl according to package instructions.
- While melting, crush 6-7 Oreos.
- Spread ¾ of the melted candy melts over the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the top.
- Place candy eyes into the melted candy melts.
- Finish by drizzling the remaining ¼ melted candy melts over the top to make the ‘’mummy wrapping’’ look.
- Allow to set and harden.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.