Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp with Maple syrup
Blueberries and Maple syrup (you’ve got to use the real stuff), Oats and Almond flour, come together to make a delicious, easy, and relatively healthy dessert. I guarantee, the whole family will love this Gluten Free Blueberry crisp.
Made with almond flour and oats, there is no flour involved. It wasn’t developed specifically to be Gluten Free, but I love how the almond flour adds both a little extra crispness and a slight nuttiness to the topping.
Do I have to add the Rosemary?
You don’t, but I think you’ll really like it. It’s honestly a small amount, and it just adds a slight note of floral earthiness, rounding out the sweetness of the blueberries and the maple syrup. I know it’s unusual, but it’s good! Still not convinced? No problem, just leave it out and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge which uses my unique Pick and Choose Meal Planning system. With the printable inspiration sheet, you aren’t committed to specific recipes. Instead you get prompts that help you stay inspired to keep Meal Planning.
Pick and Choose from categories, and use our recommended recipes along with your own.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. Watch our Quick Cook Videos, get Meal Planning Tips, and fabulous recipes you’re going to love. Prefer YouTube? We have a channel!
Blueberry Maple Crisp; Gluten Free
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 c. fresh blueberries rinsed
- ¼ c. real maple syrup
- ¾ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. dried rosemary or 1½ t. fresh, finely chopped
- ¾ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ c. almond flour
- ¼ c. almonds sliced
- ¼ c. honey preferably local
- 2 T. unsalted butter melted
- 1/8 t. table salt
Optional, to Serve:
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Place blueberries in a large bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, rosemary, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour blueberry mixture into a 10” cast iron skillet and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned at this point, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the blueberry crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some Greek yogurt, if desired. Enjoy!
Want more great recipes?
For more great family friendly recipes, Meal plans, LIVE stream Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate Facebook community now.
Do you find yourself asking What’s for Dinner?
We also have a YouTube channel Be sure to subscribe to get access to some amazing exclusive content.
And of course we have a Pinterest Board for lots of great Instant Pot, Meal Planning, Family Friendly, amazing recipes to keep you inspired! Follow me here: https://www.pinterest.ca/larabrooks/
Did you make this recipe?
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment and Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca