Had a super busy week this week, so it was great knowing that I could throw together these delicious Cheesy Italian Club Sliders for our weekly Friday Night Slider group of teenagers!
A cross between an Italian Hero, a Club Sandwich and Pizza I knew these were going to be popular. I made two versions, one with and onions and Peperoncini Peppers and one without, you know how kids can be. If you’ve never had Peperoncini’s, don’t be scared, they aren’t hot – honest. They are a pickled pepper that I add mostly for the tang of vinegar and slight bite, to cut through the richness of all the cheese and deli meat in the sandwich. It really does add some zest, and a nice pop of flavour without making them spicy. If you prefer spice, by all means, add some Pickled Jalapeno Peppers or Banana Peppers. It’s pretty flexible. For the non pepper, kid friendly version, I also highly recommend a nice Marinara sauce for dipping, it’s totally optional but kids and dipping and dunking is always popular at my house. The Parmesan Herb Butter topping really puts these over the top!
Friday Night Sliders - Cheesy Italian Club Sliders
- 1 package Buttery Slider Buns 12 rolls total
- 1/2 cup Kraft Red Pepper and Garlic Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 slices sliced ham
- 12 slices salami I used summer sausage
- 6 slices roast beef
- 1/4 cup pickled pepperoncini peppers chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup red onions thinkly sliced
- 8 slices Provolone cheese or Swiss cheese
- *** Topping ***
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Slice slider rolls in half horizontally. Spread half the Red Pepper Cream Cheese on cut side of the bottom of the slider buns.
- Layer ham, salami, roast beef evenly on top of cream cheese, making sure to get to the edges.
- Sprinkle with pepperoncini if using, red onion slices and Italian seasoning.
- Top with provolone cheese
- Spread remaining cream cheese on cut side of the top slider buns and place on top of sandwich.
- Place the sliders in a 9X13 inch pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Baste with Herbed Butter topping and bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and the sandwiches are heated through.
To Make the Parmesan Herbed Butter Topping:
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine butter, Italian Seasoning and garlic powder. Heat for 20-30 seconds until melted. Remove from microwave and stir in Parmesan cheese.