Edible MarkersEaster Chick Sugar Cookies
I won’t lie, these cookies are a bit of a labour of love, the require some prep, resting time and 4 colours of icing. You can take short cuts. Use edible markers for the details and really cut down on the time they take to decorate.
They won’t be QUITE as cute, but I say do what’s best for you and your family. I’m not judging. Honest, sometime less is more, but no matter which approach you take, these cookies are going to be a huge hit!
Easter Chick Sugar Cookies
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 3 1/2 C flour
Cookie cutter: 3 inch circle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, almond extract and egg and mix until combined
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Mix until combined
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined
- Lightly flour a cutting board and begin to knead the dough until the dough is smooth
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out the shapes and place onto the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Pull out of the oven and cool completely
If you need to get some Edible Markers, you can definitely find them on Amazon for a good price. Full disclosure this site is a member of the Amazon LLC Affiliate program. We will earn a small commission if you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate
Community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca