Grinch Brownies for family movie night
One of my favourite things about the holidays is all the amazing movies, and the memories that they have for us as a family. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a must watch for us. I prefer the Classic Animated version, but my boys like the newer Jim Carrey version. Both are great, so Don’t be a Grinch…. It’s Family Movie Night! Make some Grinch Brownies, gather your loved ones, some blankets, light a fire and settle in.
When you have Grinch Family Movie night, you need snacks. Grinch Themed treats, oh so much fun, but it doesn’t have to end there. You can go all out and make Christmas Movie themed treats for all kinds of movies, and I’ve got some great resources for you. Before you head off exploring, be sure to PIN the Grinch Brownies recipe first, you’ll thank me later!
Making Grinch Brownies
I love to have treats in the house for the kids, but I don’t always have the time to bake from scratch. These Grinch Brownies are what I call Half Homemade. You start with a boxed mix, add in some extra ingredients, and you’ve got a great treat that tastes like it’s homemade, but takes much less time. Half Homemade – love it!
- Brownie Mix
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate Chips
- Peppermint extract
- Red Hot candies or mini m&m’s
Follow the simple instructions, and in under an hour you have Grinch Brownies, perfect for any Grinch themed or Christmas event.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – time for the annual 25 Days Of Christmas Movies Blog Hop! #ChristmasMoviesHop
We have 25 talented bloggers gathered together to share with you all the wonderful crafts and recipes you can make this Christmas season, based off of some of the most beloved holiday films. There are 25 films to be inspired by for your holiday season, and 25 talented bloggers to aid your inspiration! If you love Christmas movies, you have come to the right place!!
Now, let’s get to the main event shall we? Grinch Brownies are on the menu!
- 1 9 x13 box of brownie mix
- 26 Mint Oreo cookies chopped
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops of leaf green food coloring
- red hots candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Chop 16 Oreo cookies into quarters and mix them into the brownie batter.
- Chop the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters putting them into another bowl. Set aside.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Check the brownies to see if they are completely cooked.
- Once baked, put the baking pan on a wire rack allowing the brownies to cool.
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to simmering.
- Put a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot of simmering water.
- Pour the white chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl. Stir constantly until melted. Take white chocolate chips and heavy cream mixture in the bowl off the heat.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Now add a few drops of green food coloring. Stir well to combine. (You can add more mint extract, up to 1/2 teaspoon.)
- Quickly pour the ganache on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped Oreos on top of the ganache. Sprinkle on the red candies.
- Chill the brownies, allowing the ganache to set for at least an hour.
- Cut the brownies into bars.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca
This site does contain affiliate links and if you make a purchase we will make a small commission.