Simmered all day deliciousness!
It’s only August, and the weather is still super hot, but with Back to School right around the corner, I’ve got easy, satisfying meals on my mind and these BBQ Beef sandwiches cooked in the crock pot are perfect for meal planning.
Somehow, September always sneaks up on me, I know it’s coming, but I’m never quite ready! This year is going to be different…. I hope. I’ll admit to being a big fan of on-line shopping, so a lot of our school supplies and clothing will be done that way. I’m also planning now, for Back to School lunches, and Easy Weeknight dinners that will get us through those first few weeks. I’ve been making space in my freezer so I can cook ahead. I do weekly meal plans and always some prep on Sundays, but having spare meals tucked away in the freezer will help out on night when life just happens! Think breakfast burrito’s, bowls and sandwiches, Crockpot Dump and Go meals, Soups you can just defrost and re-heat.. You get the idea. Of course then there is lunches… the dreaded SCHOOL LUNCHES, but that’s for another post or two.
Today I wanted to share my recipe for Easy BBQ Shredded Beef Sandwiches. With only 5 ingredients, and 4 hours you’ve got a kid friendly, man pleasing, tasty meal ready with only 5 minutes of prep and one dish to clean. I highly recommend crockpot liners for this one, as the sugar from the BBQ sauce can get quite baked onto the Crock Pot, and it will require some elbow grease or soaking to come clean.
Ways to serve BBQ Beef
Not only is this BBQ Beef easy to prepare, it’s flexible too, you can make sandwiches which is what I’m planning on for tonight, but leftovers have some many options. , put it on top of baked potatoes for a REAL LOADED Baked Potato, as a topping for last minute pizza’s or nacho’s, or a quick Soft Taco filling. I also like to pack up leftovers for lunches with some leftover rice, and a green veggie or a simple side salad.
- On top of Baked Potatoes, regular or sweet
- As a topping for Nacho’s
- In a soft or hard shell Taco
- BBQ Beef and Cornbread casserole
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 3 small onions peeled and quartered
- 3-4 lb Beef Roast any cut *
- 1 cup Bold BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Steak seasoning choose your favourite
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 Kaiser rolls sliced
- Coleslaw optional
- Peel 3 small onions, cut into quarters. Place Crockpot Liner in now… before you forget!
- Take your beef roast and cut into chunks, about 3 inches in size and add to the onions. You don’t want the beef pieces too small or they will dry out. Add Beef & Steak Seasoning, minced garlic, BBQ Sauce and water. Stir well to combine. Set Crockpot to high heat for about 4 hours. Stir a few times during cooking. ** As you can see I forgot my Crock Pot Liner!
- Your beef is cooked once it can be easily shredded with 2 forks. Most of the onions will have “melted” into the sauce creating a rich caramelized flavour. Oh Yes!
- Shred the beef using 2 forks, and stir well. That’s it, your done. You can freeze this BBQ Shredded beef at this point if you wish, or use to make delicious sandwiches for a quick and easy dinner.
- Serve this shredded BBQ Beef on sliced Kaiser rolls. You can serve with coleslaw on the side or on top, whichever you prefer.
Do you find yourself asking “What’s for Dinner”? We have the Answer! 30 Day Meal Planning Challenge which uses my unique Pick and Choose Meal Planning system. With the printable inspiration sheet, you aren’t committed to specific recipes. Instead you get prompts that help you stay inspired to keep Meal Planning.
Pick and Choose from categories, and use our recommended recipes along with your own.
Join our Love on a Plate Facebook community to make sure you never miss out on any of the new recipes. Watch our Quick Cook Videos, get Meal Planning Tips, and fabulous recipes you’re going to love. Prefer YouTube? We have a channel!