Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
If you like Jalapeno Poppers, you’re going to love this recipe. Air Fryer Jalapeno poppers take just 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer, are crispy, smokey, cheesy and delicious. They are also freezer friendly, low carb and Keto compliant. What’s not to like?
This is a basic recipe with a twist that for me is the perfect combination. I use a flavoured cream cheese, add some cumin for smokiness, Monterey Jack and Cheddar for cheesiness. Normally baked in the oven, poppers can take some time to crisp up, but using the Instant Vortex Plus they took just 10 minute with very easy clean up. I love that.
How do you make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers?
The process for making these Jalapeno Poppers is really quite simple.
- Prepare the Jalapeno peppers by cutting off the stem and slicing in half lengthwise
- Remove the seeds and the membrane
- Combine the Cream Cheese, Cumin and Shredded cheese
- Spoon the filling into each Jalapeno half
- Slice the bacon in half, and wrap around each Jalapeno half
- Cook in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes
Can Jalapeno Poppers be frozen?
Yes, they most definitely can. I like to make a large batch and have them on hand in the freezer for last minute entertaining or a quick snack as they can be cooked from frozen.
To freeze the Jalapeno Poppers prepare the recipe as directed, then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour. Once they are fully frozen, pop them into a labelled Ziplock Freezer bag and toss them in the freezer.
To cook from frozen, you simply place on the air fryer baking sheet or basket and Air Fry for 10 minutes at 380F. To cook them in the oven, place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and bake at 450F for about 25 minutes.
If you place the poppers directly on the baking sheet instead of a rack, the bacon on the bottom won’t get cooked and crisp.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 jalapenos halved with stem, seeds and membranes removed
- 10 slices bacon cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Prepare air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together cream cheese, cumin, and Monterey Jack.
- Spoon cheese mixture into jalapenos, smoothing flat.
- Wrap each jalapeno with half slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cook at 370 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until bacon is done to preference. Remove from air fryer and keep warm.
- Repeat until all jalapenos are cooked. Serve warm with ranch dressing or your choice of dipping sauces.
I serve these as an appetizer, but also a fun side when I’m making Tex Mex meals. These go exceptionally well with these go to, family favourite recipes.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from